Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thinking in the morning...

I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and staring into space it seems. When you begin to look at your life and all the people in it, you kind of get that warm and fuzzy feeling inside, at least I do. My gg isn't doing so well and it makes me think back on better times. I think back to the days when my gg would keep us and we would go to McDonald's to get the kids meal and she would get her fish sandwich and we would play in the playground for hours. I think back about when she would yell at us in stores because we would hide in the clothes and jump out and scare her. I think back when could walk easily into the house on Christmas morning with bags filled with toys and clothes she had made. I think back when she would crochet blankets for the people that live in Russia all year long, there were always so many blankets in her room, she was always working on one. I think back about the first time she held Emily and how happy she was. I think back when she took us on cruise and how she wanted to do everything with me and Les because she was worried about us on the ship running around without supervision. These are just a few thoughts about my gg. She's an amazing woman...I just wish I had realized it years ago.

No comments: