Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Last night was great...

So to get things started I wanted to post a picture of the meal I made last night that was so great!!! I have never made Hamuburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy, but when I tasted it I was pleasently surprised at how wonderful the sauce turned out! I wanted to share in my new recipe with everyone! (I would definitely recommend the red wine :) )


1 to 1 1/4 pounds extra lean ground beef
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
3 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons milk
1 large egg, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons grated onion
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 to 3/4 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup beef broth
1 tablespoon dry red wine, optional

Preparation:
Combine ground beef, pepper, salt, seasoned salt, egg, onion (if you like), milk and bread crumbs. Shape into 4 oval patties. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; fry the patties for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove patties to warm plate and keep warm. Pour off all but about 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Add mushrooms to the drippings and cook until tender. Add flour to the skillet; stir until hot and bubbly. Add the beef broth and wine, (if you like) cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened. Pour over the steaks and serve with potatoes and a vegetable side dish. Serves 4. Yummy!


Next on my to do list last night was to begin making our "Thing 1 & Thing 2" circles that we are going to put on our Halloween costumes for Saturday. What do you think? I think they turned out cute :) Can't wait...pictures of the entire costume to come soon!




No comments: