Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sometimes...you just don't know what to do

Today I went to the doctor because what I thought was just "scarring alopecia" actually is caused by something and we're trying to figure out what it is/what caused it. Last Thursday I was in a lot of pain, so I made an appointment with a doctor that somebody recommended and she was great. It's nice to know that there are doctors out there that want to help. I have been to a few over the past several years, just to learn that they didn't know what it was, so they just shoved some creams and meds in my face and said "here ya go" -- pretty much. Hopefully the biopsies will show something and we can get it treated. But I have to tell you that I am in a lot pain, probably more than I thought I would or I'm wanting to admit. It hurts to lay on it, either side, or my back especially. So, I might have to sleep on the couch tonight just so I can sleep somewhat comfortably. Now, all I have to do is wait and hope that it's something easy that nothing a few steroid injections won't fix.

Here's to hoping!

No comments: