Tuesday, July 21, 2009

6 Week Goal = Melting Pot

So, I am on a new venture of trying to get more healthy, trying to lose weight, and trying to feel better about myself.  I have recently purchased a pedometer so that I can count my steps as I walk all day long.  So far so good, yesterday was my first day over 5000 steps.  They recommend you do at least 10,000 steps a day.  I thought sure...I can do that.  I worked all day long yesterday and I went and walked almost 2 miles at the gym (30 minutes on the treadmill) and I only had 8800 steps.  So needless to say it's going to be a battle to get those steps in every day.  I have also created a workout plan, thanks to virginhealthmiles.com which includes walking/running/biking and weightlifting as well as stretching on a daily basis.  I have a 6 week goal and hopefully along the way a little bit of weight and trimming up will take effect.  I'm excited about my new adventure.  Amanda told me if I can stick to the plan for at least 90% then we can go to the melting pot.  I mean...that sounds like a winner to me.  I definitely need a motivation and that just helps things right along.  It's going to be a tough battle but I am in it...because I want to feel great!!!  So wish me luck and hopefully I will be posting how I'm doing in the future! :)

No comments: