Saturday, June 5, 2010

Thinking about family the last few days...

This morning I was driving to work and I passed a Taco Bell...now, with that said I pass Taco Bell's all the time, but for some reason this morning I thought about my GG. She loved Taco Bell. It made me think that it's been almost 5 months since she passed away and it's gone by so fast. I was thinking about her a lot today because I waited on a bunch of older customers. I was remembering how funny she used to be...how she had so many opinions and she was never scared to tell you. It's so nice to think about all the wonderful memories that she brought to our lives. I miss her.


I was also thinking about Amanda's family and how hard her Mema getting lung cancer has been on everyone. I know that Amanda wants to do more for them, but it's definitely been hard with residency happening right now. We're driving over to Pensacola tomorrow so we can take them out to lunch and spend a little bit of time with them. Even though her stories are long and drawn out, they are almost always interesting...and by the time we leave we have almost always learned something new. They are funny and we also enjoy our time when we go to their house. Can't wait for tomorrow.


This past week I have also been struggling with the situation that is my father. I am just so lost as to what to say to him and how to approach the situation. It's hard when you get older and you are an adult and you have problems with your parent who is suppose to act older than you are. I feel as though he does not...I feel as though I have to be the adult in the situation and I don't want to feel like that. I want my father to be older and wiser...but I don't think this is going to happen. Ugh, it's frustrating...but one of these days I will figure things out.

I am visiting my mom and sister and niece next month and I couldn't be more excited. It's crazy how you miss people when you don't see them for months. I don't even care what we do...I just want to spend time with them. I see pictures of Em and I think time is flying and she's growing up so fast. I can't wait to go home! I do, however, talk to them everyday so that helps a little bit :)


This is my blog about family, but I couldn't leave out my family that I have here in my own home. They are just wonderful. Amanda and I have made our family here in New Orleans with Rebound and we couldn't be happier :)



Hope everyone is great!!!

No comments: