Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's the end of February already...

This month has been a whirlwind of things to do. Trying to get over last month has definitely been something that has not been easy. I find myself sometimes breaking down and really over nothing. I think my emotions are shot and I can't wait until we go on our vacation that we are currently in middle of scheduling to Purerto Rico -- can't wait to just sit on the beach and drink a drink and do nothing for a week :)

Mardi Gras came and went really fast this year, probably because of the Saints winning the Super Bowl!!! So 2 weeks of this month were spent with Saints, parades, and beads. My family came down and it was nice to see them, because last month was not really a "good" visit. Emily is growing up so fast and it's hard to believe that she is already 4 and forming her very own opinions...and there are a lot of them, but I wouldn't change that for anything! Here's a picture of me and Emily on our way to the parade!


We sat on the 20th row of the Hornets game and I have to tell you, that's awesome. We were in the seats that they will bring food to you instead of you having to get up to get it. Pretty awesome!!!

Work has been hard here lately. I feel like I am being pulled in every possible direction and I still haven't come back since being gone so long in January. I'm frustrated and I really need to get my mind settled back into a routine there so I can function properly and "leave it at work" instead of bringing home all the emotions that the day has held. I'm working on it.

Last night we got all of tax stuff together to go to the tax office today. We shall see what happens. It seems like it could be good news, getting money back, but I am always scared.

My birthday is soon and I'm excited. Amanda booked a hotel room in Biloxi and we're just going to go over and relax for a night. That's what I wanted, that's what I need. Can't wait.

I'm ready to just feel normal again and it doesn't seem like things will ever be back to normal. The other day I literally picked up my phone to call my GG and I thought...wait, she's not there and that's a hard thing to really realize. She is the first person that has been close to me to pass away and I'm having a hard time adjusting to it. I really believe that Amanda and I have grown closer together because of everything. I have tried to put my faith in knowing that she is with Jesus and one day I will see her again....it's not an easy thing. We've been going to church more and realizing that we really want that part of our life back. Here's to new beginnings...

Oh...and we gave up Red meat for Lent...we shall see!

No comments: