Thursday, August 19, 2010

Eat Pray Love

This movie was amazing. The critics didn't like it, people that I talked with said that they didn't want to go see, but the first time I saw the preview I wanted to see it and of course Amanda humored me, but she ended up loving it too :) It was about a woman who needed to find herself. Sometimes it's much needed to step outside your comfort box and do something different so you can find out who you truly are. I didn't go to different countries around the world, but I have had this experience in my life. Watching this movie was very inspirational on so many levels. It showed how much seeing the world can change your perspective, it showed that you can truly find yourself if you just look, it showed that sometimes you have to take a big step in life just so you can see that it is better on the other side. I know what it's like to be down on your life and have to figure out who you truly are and where you want to be. As she did in the movie, she met many new people that had many new things for her to experience. It was amazing journey of one woman who decided it was time to take a hold of her life and begin to enjoy it again. I'm so glad that I was able to see it, but now I want to read the book...haha, I've heard it's even better!

1 comment:

The Miley Family said...

mary-stewart @ i saw this movie and we loved it! totally different for Julia- but at the same time still so her!!!
:)