Friday, January 22, 2010

GG

This week has been such a blur...it has literally been the worst week of my life. Sitting in a room watching your grandmother die is not something I would ever make anyone do. As I sit there I watch her stomach go up and down. All the while thinking about the many great memories that we have had over the years. Larry, one of the ministers said it best when we were in the ER and she was intubated, that isn't it funny all the good thoughts you have for someone at times like these instead of negative ones. All we have done this week is laugh at the many memories we have created with her and then the few more we have added this week with her as well. After her ER visit we moved her to hospice across the street and that is where she has been. The day after she got moved she actually started talking, I know that medicine wouldn't be able to explain this, but it happened...and my Aunt said it was our little miracle. And in a small way that is true, she came back just as grumpy and ornery. Haha her telling us to "leave her alone." It's funny, in a sense. Yesterday all she did was sleep and occasionally she would begin to choke. She's taking about 7 breathes a minute and it's just agonizing to watch. I have sat in a room with her for the past 3 days watching her die. I know she's ready to see Jesus, we are just waiting for Jesus to be ready.


No comments: